What is Reiki?
Reiki is a Japanese word means "Universal Life Energy."
Reiki is also a Japanese method that works with the "unseen" energy of life
itself and promote healing. It is the energy that emanates from the hands of a Reiki practitioner.
What does a reiki practitioner do with his/her patient?
A reiki practitioner with a strong energy field places his or her hands above a particular
part of the recipient's body in order to release energy into it Most Reiki treatments do not
involve actual touching. The practitioner holds his or her hands a few inches or farther away
from the patient's body and manipulates the energy field from there.
What does the patient do after the treatment?
The patient who is being healed will take an active part in the healing process.
S/he will take responsibility for his or her healing. The patient identifies the needs
and cater to them by drawing energy as needed.
Benefits for Receiving Reiki:
1. Creates deep relaxation and aids the body to release stress and tension,
2. Accelerates the bodies' self-healing abilities,
3. Aids better sleep,
4. Reduces blood pressure
5. Can help with acute (injuries) and chronic problems (asthma, eczema,
headaches, etc.) and aides the breaking of addictions,
6. Helps relieve pain,
7. Removes energy blockages, adjusts the energy flow of the endocrine
system bringing the body into balance and harmony,
8. Assists the body in cleaning itself from toxins,
9. Reduces some of the side effects of drugs and helps the body to recover
from drug therapy after surgery and chemotherapy,
10. Supports the immune system,
11. Increases vitality and postpones the aging process,
12. Raises the vibrational frequency of the body,
13. Helps spiritual growth and emotional clearing
Three Levels of Reiki that people can get training:
Level I: Unlocks your ability to use Reiki for hands-on healing of yourself and
others, learn Reiki history, the steps of healing, and receive attunements.
Level II: Extends your knowledge of Reiki, learn distance healing and emotional
and mental healing, sacred symbols, and receive attunements.
Level III: Open fully to the power of Reiki and access your spiritual self and learn
how to teach Reiki and to give attunements.